Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Ludwig Orange Mod inside paper tag

Greetings all!! First post here, and I have a question about the paper tag on the inside of the Ludwig Orange Mod kit that I just got. The outside badges are of the Blue and Olive variety, and the paper tags are of the same. On the bottom line is the model number of the drum, but the top line has the numbers "56717". Anyone have any ideas on exactly what those mean? Thanks!! Mark

Posted on 15 years ago

I think they refer to the date somehow. Do you have pics of the set? Would love to see what they look like! What sizes are they?

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

I think they refer to the date as well, but am trying to decipher how. No pictures yet as I am, at present, in the process of tearing apart, cleaning, restoring, then reassembling. But will post when I get all done! Sizes are 13, 16 and 22. The purple is pretty faded, but they look very cool and am looking forward to getting them all done and playable again!

Posted on 15 years ago

Does that number on the paper tag match the stamped serial number on the badge, by chance?

Posted on 15 years ago

Sounds like a sweet set! Do you have a rail mount on there as well? Is the set all original? I have a 1969 22,13,16. It will be with till the end!

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Hi Kmarty...there is no serial number on the badge. I have not seen that before. Is that odd, or is that something they did on a regular basis?

And wflkurt...rail mount is included, but unfortunately the kit is not original. I had a few repairs done to them by the world famous Sam Bacco: re-glued the seams, the edges were not original so I had him re-cut them just to get them even, and one of the spurs had been impacted, so he repaired that, as well. Oh, and I also had him repaint the bass drum hoops as they were in pretty sad condition.

I was thinking of selling them, but now as I get more into the project, I just may keep them!!

Posted on 15 years ago

Sounds like a cool set! I have an acrolite that has a B/O badge with no serial. Actually it has a four digit number that looks like it was done by hand! I have seen and heard of a few other drums like that. I am also wondering if the no serial number badges were very early B/O badges. Does your set have a maple interior or a granitone painted interior? There are no ink stamped dates anywhere in any of the drums?

Posted on 15 years ago

I believe those tags were used for a brief period in 1971. Not sure how to decipher the numbers, though.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From mlvibes

I believe those tags were used for a brief period in 1971. Not sure how to decipher the numbers, though.

Was it TommyP that had an answer for that some time back? It seems I at least remember this coming up before and it was explained in a reply. Dang, who was it??

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

Clear Maple interiors, and no ink stamped date on the insides, anywhere.

I am thinking that maybe the numbers are date of manufacture? Thus "May 6, 1971". But what might the last digit of "7" mean?

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here