Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Ludwig Nickel Plated Choppers for Tripple Flange

I have an 8-lug 30s Ludwig Student Model [I think] snare with stick-chopper rims, the kind that use the clips [I have all the clips, none cracked or broken]. They are chopping my sticks! Also the lug heads sit higher than the rim, occasionally deflecting the odd rim shot.

Looking to trade for Ludwig nickel plated triple flange rims. Don't care what they came off of, long as they're true and in round.

I'm not up on the relative value of these things - if it's a bad trade I also have some vintage Slingerland tom dampers complete minus mounting screws to add to the deal.

PIcs to come...

Thanks,

Mitch

Posted on 10 years ago

...and here they are.

Posted on 10 years ago

I would suggest hanging on to the rims and just buying what you need outright. In the event you ever want to unload the drum, having the correct rims is a big plus!

Posted on 10 years ago

From Rocketman

I would suggest hanging on to the rims and just buying what you need outright. In the event you ever want to unload the drum, having the correct rims is a big plus!

Okay okay, I know, you're right. :)

I see Billnvick has some for trade; I'll see if he will sell and for how much. Alternative is new ones from Long & Mcquade here in Toronto. They'll be chromies but I am strictly a player....:)

Thanks,

Mitch

Posted on 10 years ago

BTW I just did the magnet test on this snare - did not stick and the drum is way too heavy to be aluminum, so I guess that means it is brass?

Wondering what it might be worth as I've always just thought "not much". It came with a 25" bass drum, which I researched a bit and found it was worth....not much.

Mitch

Posted on 10 years ago

Bump and also I now have the original mounting screws for the Slingerland dampers [they were on the drum, which I just bought back]

Thanks!

Posted on 10 years ago

I would be interested in the snare drum if still available for sale.Thanks - Allen

Posted on 10 years ago

Hi Allen, the drum was never for sale; I am looking for triple-flange rims to replace the single flange rims on there.

Mitch

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here