Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Ludwig Monroe 80's kick drum shell- Trying to get all the hardware for it.....

Just got this old Ludwig marching drum shell off of Craigslist.. Only $20. Good deal, yeah?

I've never boughten just a shell before.. $20 seemed like a good deal, and I really want a vintage Ludwig kick. I am a rock drummer, and want to make this hopefully into my main kick drum and beat it up pretty good. Think it's a good shell for the job?

Since it was a marching drum I want to get regular legs and everything..

Any suggestions or opinions would be much appreciated! Also, if you've got any pieces I would need, let me know!

Dimensions are 22" x 14"

Posted on 10 years ago

ALSO, I don't necessarily care for the hardware to be matching vintage.. Trying to do this on as much of a budget as possible, and just want any decent sturdy stuff for it..

Posted on 10 years ago

I'd say you got a good deal. I have a set of Ludwig spur mounts for the 1/2" curved spurs if you are interested.

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 10 years ago

Cool, are those for the legs?

Posted on 10 years ago

What is your budget? I have a 14x24 with mach lugs, 1/2" spurs (new style with the gaskets) and rods and claws. I could stripe the hardware off and ship it in a usps flat rate box for you, would probably be the best method considering weight.

Posted on 10 years ago

Here's some photos of what I have. All the chrome is in good shape with the exception of some of the claws which have chrome that flaked off. A few of the t-rods are new because the originals were bent. This too was a marching bass at one point. Since this is a 24" you would get 2 extra lugs and the accompanying claws and rods. I'm just tired of lugging this 6 ply beast around!

Bonus: All the chrome was recently cleaned/polished within the past 2-3 months so you shouldn't have to worry about that. Let me know...shoot me a pm.

2 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Just PM'd ya!

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here