Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Ludwig marching drum

Apparently its from the 50-60,s era and in good and original condition...Is it worth the 40 bucks he wants for it?...I know it can become a floor tom,but does anyone collect marching drums these days or they usually stripped for parts?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Marching bass drums are no different from any other drum, so what I'd do is get some clamp on spurs and play it.

I'm using a 26" kick but would love a 28" or 30". Nothing like a huge old bass drum with calf heads. An old drum like that might be the best bass drum you'll ever find - old growth wood, no plastic glue and built by people that actually cared (what a concept).

Plus they look great on stage.

Posted on 14 years ago

Sorry Mastro,but this is a marching snare drum.I should have been exact,but im sure if they are small lugs and not the long ones i could find a shell to build a new snare drumCool Dude

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Do you have a pic? Is it Leedy and Ludwig, WFL, or Ludwig (early 50s or late 50s?). Ludwig made a number of different models of marching snares, and some can be worth a few bucks - others are just 3-ply mahogany outers with single tension and wood hoops, which are relatively easy to find, thus not worth much.

Posted on 14 years ago

From wayne

Apparently its from the 50-60,s era and in good and original condition...Is it worth the 40 bucks he wants for it?...I know it can become a floor tom,but does anyone collect marching drums these days or they usually stripped for parts?

If it's in decent shape the parts alone are worth well more than $40. Whether it makes sense for you or not depends on what you want to do with it.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here