Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Ludwig maple cortex

Hello.

I'm trying to round out my maple cortex mid 70's Ludwig set. I'm in search of an 18x16 floor tom in maple cortex.

Does anyone know of a place that sells a maple cortex wrap. I'm thinking it might be cheaper to do a rewrap.

or

Does anyone have a this drum for sale????

Thanks.

Posted on 14 years ago

bump.....sorry.

Posted on 14 years ago

I doubt you'd find any that would match exactly, cortex finishes were less a wrap, and more a countertop plastic.

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 14 years ago

Cortex is "Formica"/countertop material as mentioned earlier. There are many manufacturers of mica and it can be ordered with a gloss finish. Your best bet would be to bring a drum to a cabinet maker supply house or Home Depot (kitchen design dept.) and check out the mica sample chip boards to find the closest match.No doubt Ludwigs color was a proprietery color,made just for them.This is common in the furniture industry. If you do find a close match,be sure to buy vertical grade which is thin enough to bend so it can be wrapped around a drum.

I myself have been looking to do a whole set in a maple mica and found a few nice colors.I also came across some vinyl approx the same thickness as mica but cuttable with a scissor and,not brittle like mica.These were from Outwater plastics.com. They will send samples.Good luck.

Posted on 14 years ago

Great! Thanks for the response guys.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here