Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Ludwig L-arm size

Does anyone know the diameter of the 1970s Ludwig L-arms, and whether anyone still makes L-arms in that diameter? I've just learned the hard way that the Tama-style arms are a little too big to fit into my Ludwig mounts.

Oh, and if anyone has any Ludwig L-arms available, let me know!

Many thanks, as always.

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago

The size of the L-arm for Ludwig is 9.5mm for the classic style mounts. The newer "Rocker/Elite" style mounts use the same size as your Tama. Are you looking for a regular L or one with a ball mount on it?

Posted on 14 years ago

From Ludwig-dude

The size of the L-arm for Ludwig is 9.5mm for the classic style mounts. The newer "Rocker/Elite" style mounts use the same size as your Tama. Are you looking for a regular L or one with a ball mount on it?

Thanks for the info!

I'm looking for both regular L-arms and arms with ball mounts. I've got both types of stands lying around, but no 9.5mm L-arms to go in them. I bought a pair of Tama ball-mount stands before realizing they didn't fit my Ludwig mounts. So then I bought a pair of 70s Ludwig stands--but the Luddies are missing the L-arms. So now I've got Tama stands with L-arms that don't fit, and Luddy stands without arms. DOH

Kits:
Posted on 14 years ago

Well....both Gibraltar and Ludwig offer replacement L-arms with ball ends in a 9.5mm size. As far as the regular L-arms, you'll have to search ebay, or post a wanted ad here on the forum as Ludwig doesn't make them anymore and Gibraltar doesn't have an equivilent either.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the info. Turns out there's a guy on eBay selling repro 9.5mm regular L-arms:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190367237059

I went ahead and picked up a bunch from him.

Kits:
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here