Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Ludwig Hollywood

I've located a pre-serial Hollywood Ludwig Set(Red Sparkle). I personally have not seen it yet, but am assuming everything is in good enough condition to be restored to factory condition. So, lets say the bearing edges are great there are no extra holes and very small amount of pitting. What would be a fair market price to pay for one of these. It comes with a snare but I'm not sure if it is a pioneer, Jazz-festival, or a brass Supra-Phonic.

Thanks Ahead of Time

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

Bump Bump Bump Bump

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

I am hesitant to try and valuate something without seeing many pictures first. And another thing I noticed is that drums sell for more money on the East coast than they do on the West coast. Maybe not always, but in general, I think. I'm on the West coast and my valuations tend to be lower than what I see priced for nice drums and kits on the East coast. So, maybe you can get an East coaster to give you a guess and split the difference!

My guess:

A really, REALLY nice Hollywood with a COB Supra or a Jazz Fest would probably fetch something like $1500 the way the current market seems to be going. Probably less because the 22" bass drum and 16" floor tom are more ubiquitous and slightly less in-demand at the moment. The value, in my opinion, would be solidified if the kit is all matched and comes with a matching snare drum.

That's my 2 cents.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here