Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Ludwig Hi Hat Stand

I'm trying to restore an abused & neglected (not by me) Ludwig hi hat stand. Is there somewone here that is familiar will these stands (0ld ones)? I've taken it apart and I may have to get some new/vintage parts.

Has someone got photos or is ther a site I can go to look at detailed photos of the old (60's/70's) Ludwig Speed King Hi Hat stands?

Posted on 14 years ago

Mine is a little older, a WFL, probably late 50's:

On mine, if I use vise grips (with a rag to protect the rod - be careful) I can unscrew the rod. To loosen it you'd turn it counterclockwise as viewed from the top, a standard right hand thread. Then the rod will come out along with the spring. There were no surprises like the time I took that watch apart.

Maybe yours is like that. I have some late 60's Ludwigs but they're in the depths, that one above is what I'm using now.

1 attachments
39.8 kB
Posted on 14 years ago

There is no site that I'm aware of that has schematics/photos and details of this type of restoration.

It would be great to have something like that on the web site.

There is not much to the stand in regards to mechanicals, but you should give us a few photos of your stand and your parts so we can see them

Thanks

David

Posted on 14 years ago

I had no trouble getting it apart. I put it back together to see how it would work with most of the rust off and it worked okay but it tended to bind a little - so I carefully took it apart. No biggie - I'll take my time and see how it goes - thanks guys.

I think that little black wooden barrel-type thingie between the nut and brass part is kind of neet. Do they still make them out of wood??

Posted on 14 years ago

LUDWIG SPEED KING PEDAL:

Does anyone here know which way the cam-shafts go back into the Ludwig Speed king BD pedal?

SEE MY NEXT POST

Gary

Posted on 14 years ago

Just got a reply about my Ludwig Speed King BD pedal question from these guys:

http://www.thedrumexperts.com:80/tde-links.htm

The correct placement of the cam shaft is like this - with the "cut-away" end of the shaft pointing down.

It would be nice to sticky it for others in the future maybe?

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here