Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Ludwig Hi-hat Stand question...

I have a 70's Ludwig Hi-hat stand...speed king style pedal. When my hats are mounted,the clutch is at the top of the rod, as it seems pretty short...

There are two rods....the bottom one that runs through to the pedal and another which screws into it..through the tube and out the top. The top of this one is where the clutch is, is also threaded...

is there a third rod that I don't have?

Sorry I have no pics...

Posted on 14 years ago

Nope. There's only two.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

csclassics!...

I use 70's era Ludwig Hercules hardware with my 6 ply '97 Ludwig Buddy Rich Classic Maple set and know that the upper rod is actually quite long. Sounds like someone might have cut down the upper portion... ( pretty common practice actually ) ... that said, you can easily get a replacement upper rod and instantly restore the length to original, and cheaply too. A lot of manufacturers make that piece and the thread is standard on the American made stands.

Tommyp

Posted on 14 years ago

Ive had several of the classic and atlas hi-hats and this is normal. The upper rod is on the short side. The hercules offered the longer rod and it is interchangable like TommyP said.

Posted on 14 years ago

Ok...THANKS!!!! I'll look into getting a replacement!!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here