Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

ludwig hex tool / key

Hey, first post.

I got this little tool with an old ludwig kit I bought when I was a teenager. The drums were sixties keystone but the tom mount was seventies I believe. This tool was used to adjust the tom mount angle. It doesn't have an insignia on it but I believe it might be a ludwig tool. Anyone one have any info on this?

[img]http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photo/photo26/04/29/e330ceba78c6.jpg[/img]

Posted on 17 years ago

oh c'mon, nothing?

Posted on 17 years ago

They were pretty common for all the brands that used hexagonal fittings. I think they still make them - I picked up something pretty similar (Ludwig) in a New York drum shop a few months back.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

It doesn't look exactly like my Ludwig hex wrench, so I'm going to say that I don't think yours is a Ludwig. What brand is it, then?....I don't know.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Hi,

I bought a Ludwig set in '66 and it came with what appears to be the same wrench. It was in a little white muslin bag that was supposed to hang from the kit, I guess.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Hi,I bought a Ludwig set in '66 and it came with what appears to be the same wrench. It was in a little white muslin bag that was supposed to hang from the kit, I guess.David

Check again....Are the ends of the cross bar crimped (as pictured above) or does it have a "notch"-thing near the ends (like MY Ludwig hex wrench does)?

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Top picture, Top left Key is my Ludwig Hex Wrench. It has different ends. I have a few of those keys, let me take a look.

Click Here

David

Posted on 17 years ago

David, My Friend, Yer My Hero,,,,you Never Cease To Amaze Me Wif Yer Knowledge And Yer Stuff!!!!! By The Way I Have A Key Just Like That Wif My '64 "ringo Ludwig Kit"......

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here