Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Ludwig help!!!

Hi. I've got a wood ludwig shell, which started off life as a tom, which I'd like to turn into a snare. There's no hardware on it at the moment, and I'm looking for the nut boxes so I can restore it. (Sacrelidge to many, but I'm putting hoops and throw off from another snare on it for now!) Thing is, the distance between the holes for each nut box is smaller than most standard ones. For each box, there are two holes, about an inch apart. Does anybody know what drum this was, so I can perhaps track the nut boxes down? Its 13x10, and bears a black and grey ludwig badge. There are 4 holes where the tom mount was, and they form a sort of diamond shape. It's in a chrome wrap at the moment, which I intend to strip, and stain the wood. Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 16 years ago

I think those were called Ludwig "Rockers" and the hardware was the same as what had been used on the earlier "Standard" line. These lugs (nut boxes) were smooth...kind of an "oval dome", if you will. I have heard this line was cheaper to produce than the art deco styled "Classic" lugs (the ones most-associated with Ludwig drums) because the parts were less labor-intensive to buff out. I don't know if that's true or not. It's just what I read somewhere.Chewie:

I may be wrong, but I think that's what you want to look for -in essence, Ludwig Standard hardware....at least the lugs. I'm not sure about the tom mount, though. That may not be the same as the Standard line.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Cheers for the advice! I'll try and get hold of some of those standard lugs. If there's anyone who may be able to 'help' feel free to PM Thanks again!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here