Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Ludwig hardware headache

Hi guys,

I bought a new Ludwig tom holder and the arms are 7/16, but the bracket holes on my circa 1990's toms are 3/8. I like the ball/socket tom holder, but won't modify the drums to fit the post. All of my drums have the classic Ludwig brackets. What was the cutoff date when they changed the design? Is there a way to use the post with these toms w/out modifying the toms? By the way, why are the 70's style double tom mounts selling for so much?Help2

Currently working on a 7 piece virgin double bass 3 ply early 70's Ludwig kit to be wearing....MOD ORANGE.
Posted on 14 years ago

You can order Gibralter socket ball/L-arms that will replace the ones that are too large in your tom mount....

You may have to talk to a dealer to get any results.. PM me if you need a great one to deal with...

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Latzanimal,

Thanks for the nifty solution! I can count on this site for REAL solutions to unique drum questions. Go ahead and post the shop, dealer, guru, etc where I can talk tech to someone to line up an order for these parts. Location doesn't matter, i just need someone who really knows their stuff...Jumping2 I can't wait to post my kit when it's built! wadsmoe

Currently working on a 7 piece virgin double bass 3 ply early 70's Ludwig kit to be wearing....MOD ORANGE.
Posted on 14 years ago

The guy's name is Joshua Smith, He's out in Washington state.

He's a custom drum builder and all around great guy.

He can't advertise that he's a dealer, but he deals a bunch of brands...

You can contact him thru his website: http://www.jmsmithcustom.com/

Tell him I sent ya...

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago

It's Me, back again,

I found the ball L-rods in the Gibraltar catalog and ordered them Saturday fr/ Colorado Drum and I highly recommend these guys. COMPETENT! Thanks for your help, I never would have known where to look or if the part even existed! Also, I found Joshua's website but navigating it is a bear; it's SO busy! When I do learn my way around his site I will give him a shout-out for you :~)

x-mas3 wadsmoe

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here