Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Ludwig Floor tom?

I am considering buying a16x16 orange sparkle floor tom, that appears to be in good condition, however there are 2 sets of holes 1 at the top that I know was for a muffler, but also a set of identical holes at the bottom.

I'm not aware that Ludwig put 2 mufflers in these drums, especially in the mid sixties. the owner assures me that this was not uncommon. can any body shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

It's not real common, but I've seen a lot of late '50s WFLs, transition badged, and keystone badged drums with double mufflers. The bottom one should be on the same panel as the top.

Ludwig never made orange sparkle...it was gold. Post a picture...

Posted on 15 years ago

I have absolutely no idea why I said orange sparkle. Thanks for your info.

Posted on 15 years ago

I just sold a 1968 superclassic 22,13,16 in silver sparkle and the toms had dual mufflers.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

hi. i have a 1967 champagne sparkle 16x16 floor tom with two sets of holes as well, so it does not sound too unusual...

Posted on 15 years ago

Big Thanks to everyone who replies. We all benefit from the sharing of knowledge. Remember, knowledge is power!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here