Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Ludwig floor tom two piece wrap

I have a vintage Ludwig 16X18dia floor tom that is wrapped using two pieces.

Is this a repair job or did Ludwig ever do this in the factory?

Posted on 14 years ago

I've seen this before on 18" drums. Probably factory original.

Posted on 14 years ago

If Your Ludwig Is Not Vintage Then Probably It Is Factory, Delmar Now Cuts The Wrap To Shorter Lengths Now Than Back In The Day, So Anything 16" And Larger Take 2 To 3 Diffrent Overlaping Sheets To Cover The Shell, Look At The Groument On Your Badge Does It Look Dented Or Ragged Looking That Is The Eaziest Way To Detect Rewrapped Drums,

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

If Your Ludwig Is Not Vintage Then Probably It Is Factory, Delmar Now Cuts The Wrap To Shorter Lengths Now Than Back In The Day, So Anything 16" And Larger Take 2 To 3 Diffrent Overlaping Sheets To Cover The Shell, Look At The Groument On Your Badge Does It Look Dented Or Ragged Looking That Is The Eaziest Way To Detect Rewrapped Drums,

It is a vintage drum 1971 and the grommet looks fine. It appears to be the original type of glue at the seam also.

Thanks

Posted on 14 years ago

Back in the day, everything over 16" would have two pieces.

"Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail". John Wooden

Blaemire / Jenkins-Martin drums.

http://www.jenkinsmartindrums.com/
Posted on 14 years ago

From mendozart

Back in the day, everything over 16" would have two pieces.

So does that include bass drums? I will have to check mine because it is a matching set and I do not recall the wrap on the bass drum being two pieces. Maybe the two seams are hidden well and I never noticed.

Posted on 14 years ago

From LUDLOVER

So does that include bass drums? I will have to check mine because it is a matching set and I do not recall the wrap on the bass drum being two pieces. Maybe the two seams are hidden well and I never noticed.

Yes, this includes bass drums. Just look at the bottom and you will see.

"Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail". John Wooden

Blaemire / Jenkins-Martin drums.

http://www.jenkinsmartindrums.com/
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here