Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Ludwig Drums Need Identification

Hi,

I have a set of Ludwig drums that I bought used (like new) around 1989 or so. Not sure how old they are. They have the blue and green logo badge, black pearl finish, one of the tom tom serial numbers is 2012455. Base is 26, floor is 18, tom toms are 14 and 16, slingerland snare is 14 of course. The unusual thing is all drums have 10 lugs each, even the 14 inch tom tom. Never seen that many lugs before.

Anyone have a clue as to the identification or potential value of these? I'm looking to sell.

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi. Can you post some pictures of your kit?

From the numbers, it indicates the kit was made in 1979 -near the end of production of drums with the blue and olive ("B/O") sharp-cornered, parallelogram shaped badges.

They are big sizes that were very popular in the mid-to-late 1970's -especially big LUDWIG brand drums -because they were most-associated with rock drummers like Ian Paice and John Bonham.

The more detailed the pictures, the better we can help answer your questions.Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here