Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

ludwig drum

hello fellow drummers , I have a question I need help with..I own a ludwig snare drum with the vintage kewstone logo (ludwig symbol on top serial # on bottom 3118433) but it says made in chicago 8 in. by 14in.is the size...crome on the outside birch on the in side with a muffler on it ..I bought it from the original owner in 1971 what model is it thanks for your help [email]woodman36@myway.com[/email]

Posted on 14 years ago

It sounds like the coliseum model!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Yeh, sounds like a Coliseum; does it have 12 lugs? If so, definitely. Also, it's maple on the inside rather than birch.

Great drum!

Matt

Posted on 14 years ago

thank you ...maple that explaines some stuff butit does not look like maple

Posted on 14 years ago

I don't recall Ludwig offering the 8 inch Coliseum model in 71. I think something is "off". We should maybe see some pics and take a closer look at this before closing this case. Please take some shots of the lugs, the badge, the inside of the shell, the throw, etc. That will help us.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here