Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Ludwig Drum Set

Hi , I have just upgraded my kit ,the snare is a 1970s Supra 400 with the balance of the drums 1980s Black oyster ,I am trying to find out a bit more about them does anyone please know which Ludwig series this Black Oyster kit is from eg Accent, Rock? I cannot find any info on any Ludwig or Vintage drum sites. The sizes are 12/13/16/22 Thanks and regards Ken

1 attachments
58.5 kB
Posted on 16 years ago

Your set looks like a classic set. I did'nt see any badges. Does it have a rounded corner blue olive badge or a large keystone badge? If it is a keystone does it say Chicago Ill or monroe NC? Do you have a six-ply shell in there and lastly is it possible that the drum could have been re-wrapped at some point? This might help determine what your set is. Looks nice though.

-Kurt

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 16 years ago

Hi thanks for the reply, the badge is blue/olive ,6 ply shell,

13 Tom 2037434

16 Tom 2090535

12 Tom 2036959

22 Bass 2037417

14 Snare 1632132

The drum wrap join has riviets on both joining edges and has a brownish tinge.

Regards Ken

Posted on 16 years ago

I think pictures of those badges, seams and the inside grommet are in order..

Look at the top of the forum.... On the right side

"Partner Web Sites"

Look for vintagedrumguide.com

Once on the home page click on the Ludwig image...

Then look for

Ludwig Drum Sets (Catalog Scans)

Look for the configuration with your shell sizes based on the years...

Also get us the photos...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

That sounds like a set from about 1980. Ludwig started using rivits to hold the seems together. I am going to guess that the badges on your set have rounded over corners. That is a top of the line Ludwig for that time. Has the wrap cracked or split anywhere? That would be common for that finish around that time.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 16 years ago

Hi Thanks all for the replies,I have included pics of the rivets join on the bass drum ,and the badge.There are no cracks or tears on the wrap,only a slight brown stain around the rivets Regards Ken

1 attachments
142.6 kB
Posted on 16 years ago

Pic of join

1 attachments
101.7 kB
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here