Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

lUDWIG DRUM SET IDENTIFICATION

Just bought an old 4 piece Ludwig Classic set.22/8/16 with Ludolloy suprafonic.The mystery is the 5 digit serial numbers(34434/42172/45759) Also,it has the weirdest Pearl finish.It's like a greenish bronze diamond pattern.Anybody help?

Posted on 17 years ago

Five digit serial numbers would indicate that the kit was made somewhere early to middle of 1964. Check this link from where I found out.

http://www.vintagedrum.com/ludwig_serials.htm

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanx for the info.I didn't see those higher numbers in the 1964 serial number listing.Also,where can I view all the wrap finishes for 1964 Ludwig?

joey

Posted on 17 years ago

I'm thinking this set is a Ludwig Standard and not Classic by the finish.

Visit the serial number section on this site. (link is up at the top)

Then visit the Snare finishes page (link is at the top)

You can also see some color swatches on this page.

If the serial numbers do not match up then it is a Standard. Also, what badges do the drums have?

David

Webmaster

Posted on 17 years ago

The problem is the fact that there is an 8" drum. No Standard sets came with an 8" drum. In fact, I'm not sure when Ludwig started offering smaller diameter tom toms that were smaller than an 8 X 12. Good trivia question! Anyone?Help

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here