Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Ludwig Drum Information

I am wondering if I may have some assistance in identifing this drum that has been in my family and learning a little more about it. I have not been able to find much of anything on the web. What I do know is it is a Ludwig. (I know this only because the decal says so:). It is 13 1/4 inches across the top of the head and 7 1/4 inches deep from head to head. It looks to me to have maple rims and walnut finish. The only othe identifing mark I can find is the eagle and flag decal that says "America". I would appreciate any assistance in learning more about this old drum.

Thank you all in advance

3 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

That looks like the Scout / Cadet model. Look on the Ludwig catalog pages and it is pictured in the 1929 catalog and many after that.

Ludwig Snare Drums

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Thank you so much! I looked and looked to try and find something about this old drum. I know that not everything that is old is valueable. Is this something that is should conside insuring?

Thanks again

Greg

Posted on 15 years ago

Nope, this is in the $50 - $125 range. Since it is a student/entry level drum it is not worth a lot. Many times they have nice calf heads and they can drive the price up.

Still a cool drum for what it is...

David

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here