Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 110.82255%

Ludwig cymbal clanger parts

Considering buying a clanger on eBay. There are two for sale but both missing parts. Any ideas where I might find the wing screw and nut? Pictures attached.

Thanks

Posted on 6 years ago

How much is it going for on eBay? I have just received my grand fathers 1918 Ludwig professional kit, I have the cymbal clanger with screw, maybe the wing nut, I'm missing the beater to the Ludwig jr pedal. Have the mount, cymbal, clanger piece

Posted on 6 years ago

I also just got a 1920's Ludwig Tango kit and am looking for a few parts. I picked up one of the clanger arms from the Bay yesterday and figured I would need to have my local machine shop make the PJ527 or PJ113 screw for me until I can find an original. Let me know if you find a few extra of them

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 6 years ago

I paid $30 for the cymbal striker. I’m wondering if the PJ527 is the same as a single point lug used on bass drums and field drums.

CT, I think you beat me on the striker you bought yesterday. I was watching that one as well.

Posted on 6 years ago

Jim

How did you get that BD to shine so nicely in your second picture? The kit I got will need some love and attention. And I think you may be right, a friend sent me the link and I grabbed it right up. Still looking for a cymbal hoop holder, not sure if the one in your original picture on your first post or one that looks much thicker and like a comb is more proper for a Tango kit. Any ideas?

Michael

20's Leedy Black Elite
Posted on 6 years ago

I bought that bass drum for $1 in 1971. I refinished it a couple of years ago. I tried to match my snare with the stain and I put a couple of coats of polyurethane on it. The hoops I left natural with the polyurethane on it. I posted the progress on the project on this forum. You might be able to search for it.

I have all of the catalogs in PDF. I will look up the tango kit and see what it looks like. I’ve seen the comb holder on eBay but most are missing a piece to secure the cymbal to it.

Attached is my original kit in 1971.

I’d love to see photos of your kit and all of the hardware you have. I bought the cymbal bracket recently. I’ve had the cymbal since 1971 as well.

Posted on 6 years ago

I am picking it up this weekend and will post pictures once I get it home and dusted off.

Michael

20's Leedy Black Elite
Posted on 6 years ago

That’s cool stuff! Looking forward to following the progression.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 6 years ago

CT,

If your having your machine shop make those parts, I’d like to piggyback on it. Let me know how I can pay.

Thanks

Posted on 6 years ago

Here is a link for the cymbal arm for the Tango Outfit. Also a couple of pages from the 1922 catalogue. Not sure the link will go through but I copied it in text as well. This arm was sold a few weeks ago but it is what you might be looking for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ludwig-Chicago-Vintage-1930-1940s-Bass-Mounted-Cymbal-Monkey-Arm-Rare/302557721905?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ludwig-Chicago-Vintage-1930-1940s-Bass-Mounted-Cymbal-Monkey-Arm-Rare/302557721905?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here