Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Ludwig crash cymbal holder

I am looking for a 1930's Ludwig or Leedy Simplicity crash cymbal holder. The kind that clamps to the front hoop and suspends the cymbal from a leather strap.

Posted on 15 years ago

I've seen them on eBay but not often... another W&A (or was it A&W?) item.

I wanna see somebody use the huge curved ones like Chick Webb had on his set. I saw some Jackson 5 videos and it looked like they'd made a modern set with modern versions of those, with the cymbals suspended from the top.

Posted on 15 years ago

Do you have a picture of what you're looking for? Or a catalog page that shows it?

Posted on 15 years ago
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for your help. I didn't realize they would be so expensive. Surely nobody actually uses them anymore. I am trying to make my set "period correct", but not at those prices. I'll just go to a L holder.

Posted on 15 years ago

Ya the shipping in this one is nuts: http://cgi.ebay.com/Circa-1930-Drum-Accessories-Mounting-Hardware-Leedy_W0QQitemZ160355389886QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintgae_Drums_Percussion?hash=item2555ed11be&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_4558wt_1035

The part on the right and the L-arm are all there and the listing is up to $9.99.

All you'd need then would be the hoop clamp which I'm guessing would be $10 to $20.

You know when somebody says something nuts like the $60 the listing states for shipping, usually if you email them and ask for USPS priority mail they'll do it, which should be about $15, they'll do it, not always but usually. I've done that a bunch of times.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here