Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Ludwig Continental?

Hi folks - Do any of the Ludwig lovers out there know what this is? There's a kit near me for sale and frankly, I've not heard of these or seen them (couldn't find any info on this site either).

Supposedly vintage - Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 17 years ago

Wow! 12 views and no replies. I wonder if these are Ludwig's or something else with Ludwig heads on it... the plot thickens. I haven't seen the drums myself, but I may have to go check them out and see what's up.

So did any decent manufacturer make a "Continental" line of drums?

Posted on 17 years ago

Okay, so I'm talking to myself here, but what the heck.

Spoke to the owner last night and I think I've solved the mystery. That, and I found a post in the non-USA drums forum.

The owner described the drums as BOP (ala Ringo) with a Ludwig insignia on the front kick head. The tom arm is octagonal in shape (ala import) and the shells have badges stating "Continental" and nothing more.

So it appears that he has a Continental kit (MIJ). He believed that Ringo played a "Ludwig Continental" kit in the 1960's and of course the bass drum did say "Ludwig" (on the head), hence the confusion.

I still plan on checking them out as the price is quite low and with this new info, I may be able to get them at an even lower price. I always have students looking for inexpensive practice kits.

So there you go - Wayne, feel free to move this to the non-usa forum if you see fit. Thanks - BD

Posted on 17 years ago

I would have answered...but I didn't know the answer! Eye Ball

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

No problem O-Lugs. I figured some Ludwig expert would come along and say "No such thing" or "Grab 'em, they're great." But I figured it out on my own.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here