Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Ludwig colour identification

Can someone confirm this colour please? Under the lugs is quite a bit darker. I thought it might be Sky Blue Pearl. Thanks.

[IMG]http://e-learn.acu.edu.au/~troutstudio/images/key_floor.jpg[/IMG]

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 16 years ago

yup; sky blue pearl; changes alot over time, depending on sun exposure. what size is that drum?...marko

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

yup; sky blue pearl; changes alot over time, depending on sun exposure. what size is that drum?...marko

Thanks marco. No - it's not a 14! Just a 16. But I'm happy it's nearly up & running . . . check out the before & after. All I need now is a hanging tom.

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 16 years ago

Good job, were you able to save any of the old hardware. Some stuff can be brought back to life with enough elbow grease.

John

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Good job, were you able to save any of the old hardware. Some stuff can be brought back to life with enough elbow grease.John

All the original hardware actually works. When I got these 2 drums (kick & floor) for AU$200, I thought - why did I buy these? They were filthy and the lugs were bad to disgusting - so many barnacles the chrome was gone. When I got them home, I took off all the hardware and sort of fell in love with the things. The wrap is yellowish but neat and tidy and the shells are great. I decided that I would get replacement lugs; but that in the meantime I would clean them up enough to use and put the drums back together; look for a rack tom. I've never owned Ludwigs so I just wanted to play them. I divided the hardware into 2 piles: salvageable using gentle persistence - polish, buffing wheel etc; and hopeless. Those I went at with steel wool or even a wire brush on a bench grinder. Nasty I know, but believe me - this stuff was gone. So the floor is done and yes, all the hardware works. Just missing some T-rods and a few tension rods - and of course a rack. The kick came with a sleeve tom fitting - who knows where I'll find one of those but this is a players kit and I'm looking at it as a way of getting into the whole Ludwig thing. I'm having fun too! Thanks for your interest.

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here