Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Ludwig Coliseum Snare

Hello,

I have a question on a Ludwig 8"X14" Coliseum chrome over maple snare drum. First, I know it is chrome because the magnet sticks to it. However, the rims are brass because the magnet does not stick to it. Right? Second, the serial number is not dateable on the serial number section in this website so I was wondering if you could help. It is 3010xxx. Third, is this model one that Van Halen plays/played? Fourth, are these sought after? This one is in very good shape...Thanks for your help, again.

Drumminggal

Posted on 18 years ago

What badge does the drum have??

That would help figure out the date.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for your question, David. It has the B/O badge and here is a pic of it:

http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL177/1300059/2710173/118877379.jpg

The serial number is 3010XXX. if that helps. FYI

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes, this is considered the rounded B/O badge. From my information they started that in 1979 (approximately) so that drum has to be after that and before they switched to the newer keystone in the 80's

Yes, they have good value on Ebay. Many players prefer the deeper snares and this drum surely fits the bill. I always liked the look of the drum with the long lugs, but never played one before.

I would say between $250 and $400 depending on condition. In regards to Van Halen I have no idea, but if that is the case then more people might be interested in it and that would add some extra value to the drum.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

:) I would say the hoops would be die cast and not brass, hence non magnetic. :)

Posted on 18 years ago

Thank you Dave and gdeluxe for your replies. I currently have it up on eBay but it ends today. The rounded badge info is very interesting.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here