Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Ludwig Cob Supraphonic

I'm going to be picking up a pre-serial KB COB Supraphonic within a week. The drum looks like it hasn't been cleaned since it was manufactured.

Just wondering what would be the best product to use on this one?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!Clapping Happy2

Thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago

A complete tare down, shell by it's self, soap and water bath soft spounge, after all parts have been through the bath, dry them all off, then cape cod polishing cloths, new looking drum!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

A complete tare down, shell by it's self, soap and water bath soft spounge, after all parts have been through the bath, dry them all off, then cape cod polishing cloths, new looking drum!

THANKS for the recommendation!Excited

Just to be clear, you're suggesting I use the soap & water bath as well as the cape cod polishing cloths on the COB shell itself, as well as on the lugs and rims, correct? I'm not familiar with the cloths. I assume that I can buy them at one of the local hardware stores?

Posted on 14 years ago

Here ya go. I'm ordering up some. They don't have 'em in these here parts.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

Here ya go. I'm ordering up some. They don't have 'em in these here parts.

mcjnic:

THANKS (AGAIN)!

Posted on 14 years ago

I've read some posts stating that the Cape Cod Cloths are extremely effective on nickel but that something called Flitz is better on chrome.

My original question was what product would be considered best to use on the actual shell of a COB Supraphonic to get the original shine back. I'll obviously need to clean and polish the lugs and rims also.

Posted on 14 years ago

I recently cleaned a COB Ludwig with soap and water followed by Turtle Wax chrome polish. Looks good, sounds fantastic! My newest gig snare. I use Cape Cod Cloths on my nickel drums though.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here