Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Ludwig COB hoops... when did they stop using?

What year did they change over to steel?

-64 Ludwig Black Oyster Classic kit 22,13,16
-65 Leedy BDP 22,13,16
-65 Ludwig WMP Clubdate 20,12,14
-66 Ludwig Red sparkle Downbeat
-60's Gretsch RB Green Glass 22,13,16
Lots of cymbals, snares and orphans, old and newish
Posted on 14 years ago

From olddrums

What year did they change over to steel?

olddrums, it was finally in the mid 70's i have a mid 70's 402 that it came stock with them on it, it took me a day to figure out why does this 402 sound different than my other 402's out comes the magnet, I test the rims and boom their brass, and my others are steel rims, but it was somwhere in that time frame!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I believe it was some point in '64 that the hoops start gradually switching over to steel. I've had 2 '64 kits that had some of both. By '66 they're almost always COS.

Thanks,

Bill

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 14 years ago

good to know that there is some wackiness. I am trying to asses the authenticity of a rack tom I just got. Thanks!!

-64 Ludwig Black Oyster Classic kit 22,13,16
-65 Leedy BDP 22,13,16
-65 Ludwig WMP Clubdate 20,12,14
-66 Ludwig Red sparkle Downbeat
-60's Gretsch RB Green Glass 22,13,16
Lots of cymbals, snares and orphans, old and newish
Posted on 14 years ago

From olddrums

good to know that there is some wackiness. I am trying to asses the authenticity of a rack tom I just got. Thanks!!

olddrums. mlvibes is correct, but was an option until the mid 70's, but no one hardly did it after the mid 60's

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here