Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Ludwig Club Date Questions

So, here's the story. I went to check out a lead on a '67 Ludwig supraphonic that turned out to be a '67 acrolite (in decent shape). As it turns out, the fellow also had a pair of Club Dates (20" bass and 12" tom) of the same vintage. The shells were both in rough shape, the bass is not round and the tom has bearing edge issues. The bass hoops were warped. Pieces were missing and the guy's brother had 'upholstered' the drums in naugahyde! Since it was complete, clean and original, I took the snare for a fair price and I asked to have the other two drums included in the deal, and I got them as well. My question - are these Club Dates worth restoring? Are they worth anything in their current condition? I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Posted on 15 years ago

I honestly don't know if it'll be worth fixing based on your description. Bass out of round, bearing edge issues, shell damage, re-wrap..pro done or DIY project, missing hardware, it all depends on how bad each of the things you've mentioned actually are. Besides, the seller has now angered the Nauga Monster!

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Tha bass drum sounds like a goner.

If it came outfitted with the hardware...and all the hardware ain't trashed, then you could recoup some $ and put the hardware up on eFlay....original Clubdate hardware fetches pretty good $$$.

I would actually be inclined to fix the rack tom, though. Depends of course if you are set up for it...but if you know someone who can recut edges...or you know a cabinetmaker in your area....you can have the edges recut and just come very closely the original edge profile. Try to remain true to the profile, but it doesn't have to be 100% right-on.

Or, if the rack tom is complete with hardware, just put it up for auction and let someone else do the work. If this had been posted a month ago, I would have made you an offer on the tom....

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here