Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Ludwig Club Date Finish Question

Hello everyone, this is my first post. After a few years absence from active drumming, I have decided to get involved again.

My first kit (borrowed) was a 14x20, 8x12 ludwig Club Date in Oyster Black, with a 16x16 classic floor tom. For nostalgia reasons I want to put together a Club Date set, but am more interested in restoring a couple of "orphans" so I can have a set in a new finish of my choice. Not planning on stripping the wrap off of anything pretty and original- but seeking out drums that have already been screwed up finish wise by previous owners.

I picked up a 22" bass already, that has a transition badge- wondering if anyone has ever heard of a Club Date set in Oyster Pink- it appears that with the new drummaker.com "custom" tinting I can have Oyster Pink made.

Now I just have to find a 9x13 with a transition badge (that has been screwed with). The 12x15 seems extremely rare- has anyone converted a marching snare? Seems like the only realistic option, especially if I am going the re-wrap route.

Also wondering if anyone has seen a Club Date set in either Psych Red, Citrus Mod, or Orange Mod.

Posted on 15 years ago

Never found or seen a club date in any of those finishes, but that doesn't mean they didn't make them....just ultra rare. I have seen a club date in black panther once though (no it wasn't mine...LOL!)

Posted on 15 years ago

If you are piecing together orphans and don't mind wrapping, Jamminsam has the psychedelic wraps. They have Citrus Mod, Red, and Orange - all psychedelics. They don't look bad. Just a thought. If that's what floats your boat. I'm doing a Clubby myself. Having fun searching for that stupid floor tom. Got the bass and the tom. I may wrap a barrel and call it a day.

Posted on 15 years ago

Found a pic of an orignal Orange Mod Club Date set, and it was on this site!

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3330&d=1211172412

Very Cool- I think I need it!!!

Posted on 15 years ago

Making a 12x15 floor tom out of a marching snare is the way to go, floor toms of the 12x15 persuasion in any make are rare. I play Slingerlands and have done a 12x15 from a snare and am in the process of making a 10x14 floor out of a marching tenor. I had a local drumsmith/builder take down the edges on the snare side of the 12x15 to remove the gates. He then restored the round over with a router. Drum is killer in sound. I'm intrigued to see what the 10x14 will sound like, still waiting on a few more parts; BACKORDERED..................grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Regards

DonS

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here