Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Ludwig Citrus Mod Restoration

So I started playing with a new band and the singer and guitar player is also a drummer as well as his dad. Really cool people. The first practice was at the singer's dad's house and the kit there included a really cool Fibes floor that sounded really cool. The singer was surprised I knew right away what the floor tom was. He then said to me, "you should see what I have in the other side of the basement." Well, I nearly fell over when they turned out to be Ludwig Citrus Mods. I told him I would love to restore them for him and he said cool. The one pic is how I found them in his basement and the other is the kit back at my house. They are in really good shape for their age. There is a tag inside the floor that reads : Date 60717 and Model NO 950. They are 3 ply with re-rings. I am really excited to bring these back to life. The floor appears to have a finished sprayed on it that is kinda orange peal. The floor is missing 6 lugs and the kick is missing one hoop. Other than that they are cool as hell. Will post pics on the progress.....

2 attachments
Pog Mo Thoin
Posted on 9 years ago

Don't know what is up with the smiley emoticon

Pog Mo Thoin
Posted on 9 years ago

Oooh that's going to be fun getting those back together! :D Rick, the bearing edge on the bass drum looks like it could use some attention. Check it out before throwing new heads on.

Killer find! Can't wait to see them back in playing condition.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 9 years ago

Now why can't i find something like this in the basement of a friend's house ?.. :(

Posted on 9 years ago

Ya, have fun with those, really neat project

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 9 years ago

That is great project kit and already looks sweet. Very nice of you to volunteer to do the resto.

It looks like a Ludwig 402 Supraphonic on top too.

Keep us posted with pics of the process if you can..

Thanks.

Posted on 9 years ago

what a great surprise and awesome of you to restore them. this is the exact kit i've been looking for. it's good to know they are still out there.

Posted on 9 years ago

Very nice! I can't wait to see these finished.

Posted on 9 years ago

Too cool!

I have to ask cuz I would probably do the work for free just to get to mess around with the drums, but are you putting your money and parts into this resto?

Not to be a downer but I'd hate for you to fix it all up and it be out of your pocket.

I fixed up a set of rogers holiday drums for my High school that was just shells and hoops and all I got was a thank you.

Still a cool set, im sure you are gonna have a blast!

I like Drums...
1963 Ludwig Downbeat Champagne Sparkle
1964 Leedy (Slingerland) Blue n Silver Duco
1964 Ludwig Club Date Sparkling Silver Pearl
1966 Ludwig Super Classic Sparkling Silver Pearl
1968 Gretsch round badge modern jazz orange stain
1972 Slingerland 85N Pop outfit Light Blue Pearl
1976 Ludwig Vistalite clear
1981 Gretsch SSB Gran Prix Rosewood
1987 Yamaha Turbo Tour Custom Mellow Yellow
1991 Pearl Export Ferrari Red
Posted on 9 years ago