Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Ludwig Carioca

Other than the catalog from 1971, anyone ever see one of these kits in use at a gig? I have the opportunity to get a set of Ludwig timbales that date to 1969, so that would match my second bass drum (which is also black panther like the 1971 catalog) date-wise. If anything it would be an interesting and fun project to make a Carioca kit......what was the first year these came out btw?

Posted on 15 years ago

In the last year I saw someone using a set somewhere on the net, like on YouTube and remembered them... I've never seen a set live.

During 9th and 10th grade, which for me encompassed the years 1970 through '72, I used to carry that Ludwig catalog to school with my school books. They had this multi-page Canadian price list and I had handwritten in the prices of almost everything in the catalog. Pretty sick I agree. And I remember seeing that kit and thinking it would be fun to play. There was no music program in my 9th grade and in 10th one started and how it began was boxes and boxes of Ludwig stuff from that catalog. Think I was happy? The new music teacher put me in charge of the percussion department and for the rest of high school missed tons of regular school because I was teaching lessons.

I went through the '67 and '69 catalogs and didn't see that set, and didn't see it in the '73 either.

I always looked at that kit and thought they'd be perfect for the intro to "Evil Ways".

Posted on 15 years ago

BumpBumpBumpBumpBump

Posted on 15 years ago

Just won another 16x16 Black Panther floor tom on ebay........timbales will be soon.....I may put this "Carioca" kit up for sale once I get it all cleaned up.....

Posted on 15 years ago

BumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBump

Posted on 15 years ago

I heard the Carioca with cheese is really good.

Posted on 15 years ago

From MastroSnare

I heard the Carioca with cheese is really good.

Cooked EggDOH

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here