Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Ludwig B/O Badge and Muffler Placement on Toms

Hi,

I've a 1971 Ludwig kit (22/16/13) and my toms never had badges or mufflers on them, but I'm fitting some, and I just want to know what the correct position should be?

Thanks,

Richard.

Posted on 13 years ago

Never had badges on them?I would have to question the authenticity of those shells.I'm assuming that you bought these drums used from someone who told you they were Ludwig?

Also,do they appear to have been rewrapped?Please post some photos...

Steve BWelcome

Posted on 13 years ago

They're frankensteins, but yep they're definitely early 70's Ludwig 3 plys. There are filled in holes where things used to be, but I don't trust any of the holes cos there are a few different holes from back in the days when the kit was just 'an old drum kit' rather than a 'vintage 3 ply Ludwig collectable' or anything. :-)

Posted on 13 years ago

It was around that year that Ludwig switched-up positions. For that year, it SHOULD be (looking down at the drum, with the bracket at the 9 o'clock position), the muffler is centered between two adjacent lugs at roughly 8 o'clock (facing the player), and the same with the badge at roughly 1 o'clock (facing the audience). A bit later, the badge and tone control were all on the same side, facing the audience. The latter looks like sh*t, if you ask me. Lame

JR Frondelli
www.frondelli.com
www.dbmproaudio.com

Mediocre is the new "good"
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks!

I found this link which shows a same size kit from the same time as mine which should be quite useful.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=93&products_id=818

R.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here