Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Ludwig Blue Oyster Hole in bass drum

I have recently bought a Ludwig blue oyster 1960s kit. I have always wanted one and finally found one with minimal fade quite near to where I live in the UK. It is s beautiful vibrant blue, rather than the green tinge of many. However someone many years ago fitted a pearl to mount to the bass drum. To address this a plate has been put on the drum and an original rail mount fitted. What I would really like to do is take a photo graphic image of the wrap, where the hole is, photo shop over the holes and attach a piece of photographic wrap with the image on over the hole. This would make the hole far less visible. Has anyone tried this? Advice appreacited.

Posted on 6 years ago

Innovative approach Robziljian. I've not heard of that one, but it might be satisfactory. Was the mount removed? Could you get another mount of the same type to put back on and cover the holes, then use it to support the upper part of a cymbal stand for a splash cymbal?

Posted on 6 years ago

Check with a sign maker shop in your area for advice. I have had luck with some that are able to handle this.

Posted on 6 years ago

Don't forget about or own member "Compact Drums" and his company "Walopus" wrap. He is usually able to match wrap if you send him a small sample.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here