Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Ludwig Bass Drum 1920's??

I have a Ludwig bass drum which I believe is from the 1920's. I'm trying to get more info on it, like what year was it actually made and what is it's value. It has a stamped oval badge which I identified on your site as early 1920's. It is a wood drum which appears to be painted black, has 12 brass lugs, a damper. The depth is 13 7/8", the hoop is 28 1/4". The head is hand painted and actually signed by Ludwig. Can anyone help me with this?

Tom

I do have pictures, but am having trouble attaching them to this

Posted on 15 years ago

We get a lot of people searching about the older bass drums. You can visit the Ludwig Drum Set Pages for a bunch of early catalog shots.

What problems are you having with the photos. Click here to see if this helps answer some questions.

Due to the size they are hard to ship and do not sell for much. In fact, the original painted heads sell for more then the drums!

So, $100 - $175 depending on the drum and condition. With the black paint it could have been with the black beauty deluxe outfit

The photo might help pin point the date.

Thanks and others might have a different perspective on the value.

David

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here