Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Ludwig Baseball Muffler Felt

Changing heads on a recently acquired sliver sparkle 16" floor tom & I notice the red muffler felt is corroding/disintegrating.

Besides that the mechanism itself its totally functional. I see the felt, or more like sponge at this point, is riveted...anywhere to just buy the felt itself? Not hell bent on it being red or white, just sounds silly to have to replace that whole part instead of the material itself...however I'm coming up with nada on such a search.

Any help or ideas on where to acquire this?:)

Posted on 6 years ago

I know the felt is a thick piece, maybe a fabric store or hobby shop?

Posted on 6 years ago

check out felt sole liners for boots, might be able to cut to fit.

Posted on 6 years ago

Maybe someone can sell you just the arm with the felt riveted on it.

Mike

Posted on 6 years ago

it's a possibility, but a potentially overpriced one!Cool Dude

Posted on 6 years ago

Lowest price I’ve seen was about $45. I don’t know how you would replace the felt because it’s riveted on.

Posted on 6 years ago

https://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/GRAINGER-APPROVED-Felt-Sheet-2DAH9?breadcrumbCatId=16951 Might be able to dye it red or just go with white. :). Drilling and replacing those rivets is probably a challenge but hey... somebody put them in there the first time. Those rivets are called tubular rivets and appear pretty simple to use. I have a couple drums with pretty worn felt ball bats. You have inspired me to see if I can replace the felt. :)

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here