Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Ludwig Badge Black & White Pointed

Hello Out There

Can you please help?

Can anyone tell me what year and which wood was used on the black & white pointed badge?

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello Harvey,

I'm a novice (and slow learner:p) - who can't answer your Q on my own experience - BUT ~ here're some hopefully helpful links:

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/ludwig_badges.html

Happy Informotating :D

p.s. Welcome to the forum - these folks are the BEST!

...but when he played on his drum, he made the stars explode....
Posted on 15 years ago

Those appear in the 1984 Ludwig Catalog

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/ludwig_drumsets_1984.html

There are part of the S/L series.

I believe the Toms and Snare are 4-ply select American Wood veneers with maple interior

and the bass drum is 6-ply which were a combination of maple and poplar.

I hope that helps and others can probably give more detail about the shells.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Pointed corners on the b/w badges were 1984 only....and the shells were maple/poplar (the select american veneers were in fact north carolina poplar and these were the first of the shells made in the new monroe north carolina factory) The S/L series were also called the Rocker series in later printings of the 1984 catalog.

Posted on 15 years ago

I am just as interested in this subject.

I take it the black and white badges were used in 1984 (after the blue/olive) and then up untill when?

Also, I take it these we still manufactured in the USA...correct?

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Mapex Drummer.

The best resource is the Rockers Page which has more information. Ludwig Rockers

David

Posted on 15 years ago

I am considering purchasing a set that looks to be a rocker set. Maybe 1984 or so. Do these hold much value?

I guess what I am asking is, what would they be worth? The set is five piece and has all the original hardware including the hihat and 2 cymbol stands. It looks to be in excellent condition.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here