Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Ludwig and Ludwig Classic Gold?

Anyone have information on a hardware finish called 'ClassicGold' used by Ludwig and Ludwig in the 1930's? Maybe a picture of what it looked like, or its use on some rims? I'm looking for a set a of snare drum rims in this finish.

Thanks.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Anyone have information on a hardware finish called 'ClassicGold' used by Ludwig and Ludwig in the 1930's? Maybe a picture of what it looked like, or its use on some rims? I'm looking for a set a of snare drum rims in this finish.Thanks.

Pages 24 & 25 of my book (The Curotto Collection) have some nice photos of a 1930s snare drum with the L&L Classic Gold finish.

Mike Curotto

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Pages 24 & 25 of my book (The Curotto Collection) have some nice photos of a 1930s snare drum with the L&L Classic Gold finish.Mike Curotto

Thanks. Any ideas on where I could locate a set of snare rims like these?

Rod

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Thanks. Any ideas on where I could locate a set of snare rims like these?Rod

Hi,

Nope...those puppies are very hard to find, the rims are easy to find but not in Classic Gold...I recommend that you go to AKDrums.com and have Adrian do the rims for you.

Mike Curotto

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Hi,Nope...those puppies are very hard to find, the rims are easy to find but not in Classic Gold...I recommend that you go to AKDrums.com and have Adrian do the rims for you.Mike Curotto

Awesome - thanks, Mike. I think the link is http://www.ak-drums.de/

Rod

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here