Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Ludwig & Ludwig date stamps

Have a snare with the stamp 3508 inside. Can anyone shed some light as to what this stamp designates? Date??? Thanks!

Posted on 16 years ago

Well... in the Ludwig book it mentions date stamps inside recent Ludwig drums and provides the example that the stamp 104 represents April of 1991

199(1) (04) as the month of April...

Now I have absolutely no idea if the stamp 3508 could represent 19(35) and (08) for August.

Please provide a picture or more info on the drum and somebody out here can most probably nail it down for you.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

It's August, 1935. Post a pic of the drum.

Posted on 16 years ago

Appreciate the information. The snare is a co-workers, and is currently in the process of moving to my state. He was back home to sell his house and took some photo's of the snare from a distance. It is a 10 tube lug, in geen/gold duco finish. He however didn't snap a photo of the strainer, or butt end, but the heads are original calf skin on top and bottom. Given to him by a player in the late 40's. Will post when I receive them. Again, thanks!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here