Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Ludwig 1965 and 1967 tone control question

Did the toms on 65 and 67 super classics come with baseball bat mufflers or the knob mufflers. I have a feeling now that my toms originally had baseball bat mufflers since there is a larger hole on top and a smaller hole on the bottom.

Thanks

Posted on 7 years ago

Yes, the baseball bat mufflers would be on your toms. The change to rotary knob mufflers occurred some time in 1968.

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

Mark is right. Sometimes you would see special ordered dual round knob mufflers during this period. Marching drums were still using the round knobs during this time. Only problem with the bat mufflers is that they are so expensive to buy these days.50 -70 bucks compared to 20-25 for the round knob versions.

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks for the help. The drums came with the round knobs and they don't fit correctly in the holes and this explains why. I sprung for 3 baseball bat mufflers (ouch). But I will not be second guessing myself if I kept the round knob mufflers. The bummer is that last week I ordered 2 of the round knob mufflers because each one of mine was a different type. Now I have 5 extra mufflers. Maybe I'll sell on eBay.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here