Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Ludwig 1920s - what model?

Hi.

I just bought this ludwig drum off ebay.

it has 6 lugs and a wood shell...

can somebody tell me the exact wood of this drum and what model this is? i couldn't really figure it out or find it in the RobCookBook....

Also what would be the best way to polish this drum up!?

thanks!

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Looks like the Wood Shell Separate Tension Drum. The throw looks like an early model. Check the Vintage Drum page in the Ludwig cats and you should see it there.

Posted on 15 years ago

hi. yep... seperate tension wood model... thats it...

here's some more pictures, one is from the stamp inside, nice. the other two pics show the probably original pencil markings, that were applied to the shell in order to make the snare beds and check if they are at the right spot. polished the outside, it's starting to look nice.

Posted on 15 years ago

Looks like single-ply mahogany but can't tell for sure if its single-ply from that distance. You can tell if you look at it from real close.

Posted on 15 years ago

hi, yes its single ply magagony with re-rings, bearings still in great shape! almost finished cleaning up, looks amazing.

the throw is a bit dodgy, but looking at it closely, and it being a very early throw off of that kind, i guess i should give it the allowance to be dodgy, since it is almost 90 years old...

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here