Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Ludwig 1121 Hi-Hat Reassembly Question

Greetings,

I recently picked up one of these and have completely disassembled it and thoroughly cleaned it, inside and out. Although I have done this with plenty of 1123-1 stands, this is my first go round with an 1121 and I want to make sure that I put it back together correctly. The 1121 is the flat base "WFL Speed King" Model (3rd photo-not mine; found online).

Does the spring go in first? The lower pull rod has threads at the end opposite of the coupling nut, but there are no "wings" on the lower pull rod to prevent the spring from going up any further like the 1123-1 has.

I know the gold "bullet head" piece is what the lower pull rod screws into, and it is also what the "Speed King Hook" screws into on the side. There is also a standard hex nut and a spacer that looks like it might be made of wood?

I just want to make sure I reassemble everything in the right order.

Thanks for your help!

V

3 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago

Anyone?

Posted on 4 years ago

I was able to figure it out. For future reference:

The spring goes in first by itself.

Then it's the following order on the lower pull rod:

1. Hex nut

2. Spacer

3. Gold "Bullet Head".

Then, insert the lower pull rod so it depresses the spring (the rounded end of the bullet head piece fits inside the spring), and then screw the "Speed King Hook" into the threaded hole in the side of the "Bullet Head".

From there, just connect the pedal and use your favorite spray lubricant on the spring, which you can access from the cutout on the stand, just below where the pedal hook is.

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here