Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

ludwig 10 lug 5x14 acrolite snare drum

THE SAME SELLER WHO SOLD THE $510.00 SLINGERLAND ALUMINUM 10 LUG SNARE DRUM NOW HAS A 60'S LUDWIG 5X14 10 LUG ACROLITE SNARE DRUM FOR SALE WITH A BUY IT NOW PRICE OF $815.OO THIS GUY SEEMS TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO FIND RARE OR VERY NICE EXAMPLES OF HARD TO FIND DRUMS THIS IS THE EBAY ITEMS NUMBER 160378635871 IT IS FOR SALE RIGHT NOW, AS I HAD MENTIONED IN A PRIOR POST LUDWIG MADE 250 ALUMINUM KEYSTONE 10 LUG SNARE DRUMS AND 150 BLUE/OLIVE 70'S' BADGE SNARE DRUMS. I KNOW THIS FOR REAL FACT, I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL OF BOTH YEAR MODELS, DICK GERLACK LONG TIME LUDWIG EMPLOYEE WHO WORE MANY HATS AT LUDWIG AND RETIRED AS UPPER MANAGEMENT, HAD TOLD ME ABOUT THESE DRUMS AND SHOWED ME THE WORK ORDERS FOR THESE DRUMS, THEY WERE MADE IN 5X14 AND 6 1/2X14 . MARK flowers2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Mark,

Please turn off the caps lock.......all caps is assumed to be YELLING in computerese......Falling Do

Posted on 14 years ago

done and done

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Thank you fine sir.... Cool1

Posted on 14 years ago

A ten lug acrolite. That is exciting. I always wish that I could find a ten lug mid sixties wood PowerTone besides the one pictured in the Rogers book.

Isaac

Posted on 14 years ago

That seller has been around for a while. He was Stewy at one time, and another name before counterhoop. He's changed his name at least twice in a few years. Buys low and sells high, but does have some cool stuff.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

Interesting. I've got a 10-lug KB acro, 5x14, & haven't been able to find out much about it, ie.: why, & for who, they were made. The story we've all heard on the 6-1/2" ones is that they were made for the NYC music dept., but I've never heard much on the 5"ers. Don't have the serial # at hand, so don't know the year. i did find someone online once who had another one, & our serial numbers were a year apart, which seemed odd--wouldn't think they were made at two different times....marko

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here