Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Looking for zickos tension rods

I recently bought a zickos acrylic floor tom and I want to convert it to a bass drum. The only holdup is finding the tension rods. They are a bit larger and have wider threads than standard rods. Anyone know where I can get these? I emailed the zickos company, but their website is horribly out of date, so who knows if anyone is checking the mail anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on 14 years ago

From MikeHodges

I recently bought a zickos acrylic floor tom and I want to convert it to a bass drum. The only holdup is finding the tension rods. They are a bit larger and have wider threads than standard rods. Anyone know where I can get these? I emailed the zickos company, but their website is horribly out of date, so who knows if anyone is checking the mail anymore.Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Mike,,I have them new old stock t-rods for toms ete..By the way zickos drums used the same t-rods on all the drums they made,,bass drums had chrome rims like on you floor tom..Do you need the inserts for the lugs,or any hooks to hold the rim on??I have them also.....mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Mikey,

Thanks for the reply.

Are these tension rods longer than the standard tom rods? I want longer ones so I can fit the drum with wood bass hoops using claws.

Posted on 14 years ago

From MikeHodges

Mikey, Thanks for the reply.Are these tension rods longer than the standard tom rods? I want longer ones so I can fit the drum with wood bass hoops using claws.

Hi Mike,Then you will have to go with japanese type of t-rods.Zickos never made "t-rods" for the bass drums[used the same on all drums]].I do think that i have some that will work for you--i need to make sure they fit the zickos inserts on the lugs,Do you need 16 of them? Mikey P.S. i also sent you a P.M.

Posted on 14 years ago

Mikey,

Great! I do need 16 of them. Also, am I going to have trouble finding claws for these rods? I checked some other threads in the non-US forum and it seems you are the man with the odd-sized tension rod hook-up. Where did you get ahold of all these?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted on 14 years ago

From MikeHodges

Mikey,Great! I do need 16 of them. Also, am I going to have trouble finding claws for these rods? I checked some other threads in the non-US forum and it seems you are the man with the odd-sized tension rod hook-up. Where did you get ahold of all these?Thanks,Mike

Hi Mike,After 30 + years restoring vintage drums and making custom drums from 1985 i have got alot of these types of parts in...Oh you will not have any trouble finding claws for them--I have them--16 claws /16 tords.....P.M. me thanks mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Mikey,

Tried to PM you, your box is full.

Posted on 14 years ago

From MikeHodges

Mikey,Tried to PM you, your box is full.

Hi Mike,That happens to me all the time,with only 50 P.M.s it gets full...[wish it hold more]] anyway.I made room so go ahead and P.M. me....mikey

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here