Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Looking for Source for Duco Paint Service

Maybe this isn't the best place to ask this since I'm not looking for a DIY "how to...". I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could send a drum to be prepped and painted in black and red duco.

1 attachments
Dan
(red66charger)

Looking for:
- L.A. Camco 12" Stradivarius Tom Tom
Posted on 9 years ago

I think you might have to hit up an automotive painter for that or just a really good experienced painter that does a lot of custom spray work. I tried it once and it was a failure, the guy I did them for sold them they were so bad and I've felt bad ever since. I would sure like to make it up to him somehow.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks Jeff. My search will begin this week. From what I've read, the paint they use to shoot cars should work, correct? Straight paint, no clear coat?

Dan
(red66charger)

Looking for:
- L.A. Camco 12" Stradivarius Tom Tom
Posted on 9 years ago

Dan - Go to any auto shop that does 'custom painting.' They'll know how to properly prep, lay down the colors, do fades and clear-coat them. I wish I could do it for you, it would be a fun project, but one I would never take on with 'somebody else's' drums. Custom auto painters... that's the ticket.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 9 years ago

I say a single stage should do it or even enamel it's technique here not necessarily material

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here