Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Looking for some help

I recently purchased a 1965 Ludwig Pioneer and I am having problems cleaning up the lugs and hoops. I have restored other lugs and hoops before using chrome polish with great success but can't seem to get the marring off. I have attached pics for reference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

almost looks like the chrome has been worn down into the nickel plating underneath.

mike

Posted on 12 years ago

pick a small spot that is out of the way----inside the skirt of the hoop perhaps, and rub it a bit with a bit of household cleanser under your finger. i know this will scratch, some but it is a good way to determine if the film on the chrome will come off with an abrasive. if it does, then get a better chrome polish , that has a fine abrasive in it. lately I've been using Blue Magic and it works pretty good. sometimes with very old chrome, it takes two treatments to get the murk off.

might also be what Mike said but nickel is usually a lot more yellow than chrome.

Posted on 12 years ago

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your advice. After trying many different polishes with no success, it came down to Cape Cod cloths that finally took care of the blemishes. This stuff was amazing!! A little more elbow grease but well worth the effort. The rims and lugs look brand new. I would recommend this product to anyone who is having problems getting the results they would normally expect from other polishes.

Dave

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here