Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 110.22129%

Looking for Rogers Swivo Parts

Greetings,

I am looking for a Rogers Swivo Tom Arm, a Rogers Swivo Cymbal Arm and a bass drum spur (that fits in the collett mount with the pin on the tip end that prevents it from telescoping all the way into the bass drum). I just need one of each.

Thanks,

V

Posted on 4 years ago

Really? No one has any of these? That's very surprising to me.

Posted on 4 years ago

Here is a CL listing in my area right now. I don't know if he will separate.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/d/seminole-rogers-vintage-original-usa/6985050831.html

-Kurt

1974-75 Rogers Starlighter IV New England White 13/16/22 (w/Dyna)
1964-67 Rogers Blue Glass Glitter 12/14/16/20
early Oaklawn Camco Blue Moire 12/14/20
1926 Super Ludwig 5x14
1960-ish Ludwig COB 5x14 Super Sensitive
1960-ish Ludwig COB 6.5x14 Super Sensitive
1970 Ludwig COB Cut-Badge 5x14 Supra Phonic

Looking for a Camco Aristocrat SD in Blue Moire!!
Posted on 4 years ago

Giving this a bump. I found the spur. I still need the Swivo Tom Arm and Swivo Cymbal Arm.

These aren't exactly rare parts. I'm genuinely surprised that no one at least has the Swivo Tom Arm.

Anyone??

Posted on 4 years ago

Having one, and parting with a spare might be the concern............

Posted on 4 years ago

Vyacheslav,

Check out that CL link I posted earlier. The guy has dropped his price to $180 for the lot!

-Kurt

1974-75 Rogers Starlighter IV New England White 13/16/22 (w/Dyna)
1964-67 Rogers Blue Glass Glitter 12/14/16/20
early Oaklawn Camco Blue Moire 12/14/20
1926 Super Ludwig 5x14
1960-ish Ludwig COB 5x14 Super Sensitive
1960-ish Ludwig COB 6.5x14 Super Sensitive
1970 Ludwig COB Cut-Badge 5x14 Supra Phonic

Looking for a Camco Aristocrat SD in Blue Moire!!
Posted on 4 years ago

Hi V!

Finding both the single Swivo tom arm and L cymbal arm, in good condition, can be tough. Swivo arms for the double-tom holder are much easier to find. Not long ago, I sold a very nice single Swivo arm for $125. Steve Ellis makes a fantastic reproduction for $150. Check out his eBay listing here... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rogers-SOLID-STAINLESS-STEEL-Swiv-O-Matic-replacement-tom-arm-NEW-mfgr-/193200258703?hash=item2cfba1fe8f%3Ag%3A2u8AAOSwPM9czfOG&nma=true&si=i1u3X6lCcCvSvKlojsx7kqZmiyg%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Contact Steve to see when he will have more. Remember, these are tough to come by and Steve's prices are fair, especially when you consider how they are made!

Steve Maxwell was offering a repro Swivo cymbal L arm, but I don't see them on his website. A Google search showed one on Reverb...and being offered by Maxwell.

Hope this helps!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Hi Vyacheslav!

I see you are in Cincinnati... My dad's family settled from Poland in Ohio but I only lived there in Dayton for 18 months while in graduate school. In your posts your English seems pretty good so I hope you'll be able to follow my comments below.

I have restored a 1969 Rogers Londoner kit in black strata pearl a few years ago. It is looking for a new home as I am downsizing in my senior years. .... But I digress.

In the process, I acquired quite a few Rogers Swiv-O-Matic spare parts and may have some you could use. Most of them came from a friend in Albuquerque who used to own a drum store where he dealt mostly in Ludwig and Yamaha products. When his store, and hence his repair service, closed he had no further use for them so he sent them to me.

My vintage Londoner kit was missing kick spurs, a kick pedal (came with a broken Ghost), and bottom hoop/tension rods for the floor tom. The snare stand I got is probably Rogers but I suspect later than the kit itself. The original wrap was in OK condition except for the floor tom which was very cracked. I contemplated re-wrapping the kit but decided to restore it if I could. Precision Drum in NY had something similar see (photo with PD sample) but the floor tom would have stood out like a sore thumb so I decided not to rewrap the whole kit. I won't bore you with details of the restoration but two photos attached may give you an idea.

My '69 restored Londoner kit is looking for a new home as I am downsizing and don't play out much later in my advancing age. I also have an early (sadly no label) 20" kick in WMP but it is fairly rough and needs a fair amount of restoration attention which I'm up to after the work on the Londoner kit's floor tom... I do need a front hoop (preferably with WMP insert), claws and t-rods. If you know of any sources, please let me know.

Bottom line: It's nice to meet another vintage Rogers fan and perhaps we can scratch each other's back regarding parts, etc.

Paul G.

NW FL

+1.850.218.5965

2 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago

V,

I forgot to mention in my previous note that I obtained some hexagonal stainless steel stock to make my own kick spurs before I got some "new" ones. I have several of them left as well as a piece of the stock if you might want to replicate the one you have. When I made mine I did not drill the bottom for the pin or grind the bottom of the "spurs" to a point. I simply put rubber bumpers on the bottom and of the legs so they could not slide up into the kick shell by accident.

Working with the stainless steel stock was quite easy. The good news, it requires no finishing or protection against corrosion. I'll see what I have as if I have a long enough piece, you may be able to take a "short" Swivo-matic tom mount and replace the bottom piece if your kick mount is a collet style. I have a number of collets and other stuff, too, so let me know if you have any other needs.

You may also be able to fashion a cymbal holder from the same 3/8" stainless hexagonal stock if you have a Swivo-Matic cymbal tilter (I need one, BTW). I don't think any of what I have left would be long enough but I can probably dredge up the source if you wanted to order some of that stock yourself.

That's about all for now. Let's keep in touch, eh?

Paul in NW FL

+1.850.218.5965

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here