Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Looking for price on Ludwig snare

I have a used Ludwig snare that I want to sell. I'm guessing by the cereal# it's from 1979. It's in good condition. Can someone give me a price?

Posted on 16 years ago

MMMMM.........Cereal Laughing H

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Hi, for any help getting the price and value of the snare, we would need either the model of the snare, or some pictures of the snare. Pictures of the badge, shell, and throw-off switch on the side is a good start.

If it was a snare drum that someone used in conert band at school, with a steel looking shell and probably (at least at one time) included a stand and carrying case, you will probably be looking at $50-100 for it. But, it is best to put up some pictures to double check!

Hope this helps!

-Kevin

1961 Ludwig Super Classic 22,13,16,18, WFL BR Snare WMP
1951-52 Slingerland Radio King Krupa Outfit 24,13,16 Champagne Sparkle
1960s/70s Polaris MIJ 20,12,16 Red Sparkle
2005 Gretsch Catalina Club WMP First Run
2008 Pearl Masters MCX 20,10,12,14f,16f & 14 Diamond Glitter
1999 Yamaha Stage Custom 22,10,12,14r,16f. Marina Green

...& many more...
Posted on 16 years ago

I know it goes pop, but does it also go snap, crackle

Posted on 16 years ago

I've learned that the monetary value of any drum, vintage or otherwise, is determined by those willing to submit offers, not by those "in the know".

It's a little like that television show -- "Antique Roadshow," in which an individual is told that the dusty, beat up painting in his garage is worth $2,500.00. That's wonderful, provided that you can find at least one buyer willing to pay that amount. In the real world, however, most items are worth no more than the highest market price being offered at the time of the sale.

Contrarily, if the sale of the item isn't your main objective, the term "value" takes on a whole different meaning.

My two cents worth.

Posted on 16 years ago

From momof3

I have a used Ludwig snare that I want to sell. I'm guessing by the cereal# it's from 1979. It's in good condition. Can someone give me a price?

In all seriousness we need more info. Pictures of the inside and out are best. Wood or metal. And the actual serial # would help.

It's all based on type and condtion.

Hope this helps.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here