Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Looking for my old kit-Ludwig Jazzette

Post has been deleted by its author....

Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah, if that's a Jazzette bass drum, then it would fetch a pretty penny. I can't really tell from that pic, though. The fact that there is a bass drum mounted cymbal mount makes me wary. The Jazzette bass drums USUALLY didn't have one. The next size UP from the Jazzette was the Downbeat. Now, it usually DID have a bass drum mounted cymbal -but the rail was offset on the Downbeat and yours shows it to be in the correct position for the Jazzette bass drum. Therefore, maybe the cymbal mount was added AFTER the fact(?) -or special ordered(?)

I believe that ANY Jazzette bass drum would be valuable to collectors, but as far as they go, the real Holy Grail is the natural mahogany lacquer ones. I've never seen one and that was the one they showed in the catalog. I think you could pretty much name your price if you ever find a complete mahogany lacquer Jazzette kit. I would even go so far as to say that it might even beat out that famous Gretsch Birdland green nitron kit.....maaaaaaaybe!Burger KinMister T

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here