Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Looking for info/value for large Slingerland kit

Good morning everyone! I am new on here, but I have been very impressed with all the information I've found so far. I would like just a little more info please if anyone could help me out. This is what I have and what I know about it (or think I know about it). The kit(s) are not mine, they are my brother in laws and he is not what you would call technosavy if you know what I mean so I am doing all the online research for him.

Here goes.....

He has a Slingerland kit (or 2 or 3, we're not real sure at this point) that is probably dated between 1972-1981-6 that he bought several years ago second hand. I came up with that time frame from info I collected here and elsewhere on the web based on these characteristics....

The badges are black & sliver (smooth, silk screen?)

The shells appear to be 5 ply (maple, poplar, maple, poplar, mahogany on the outside) and no reinforcing ring.

They originally had Sparkle Green Pearl laminate wrappers on them but he removed them because they were starting to peel. (He still has a few pieces of it if you need to see it.)

Included in the kit(s) are the following items with serial numbers and approx. sizes.

2 base drums 24" (404055 & 411601)

2 tom toms 14" & 15" (410701 & 410726)

2 floor toms 16" & 20" (404032 & 404041)

1 snare (this is chrome over ? and I am waiting for more info from him on this)

1 high hat (?)

3 cymbals (zildjian)

and..... I am not sure about this...

A marching quad of toms (single head with angle cut bottoms) 6",8",10"&12" (08056, 08057, 09758 & 08097)

All appear to have Slingerland hardware and stands including the quad.

I have photos of the set and can get additional photos of anything specific.

He wants to sell them, but we need to know what they are so we can figure out how much to ask. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Posted on 16 years ago

If you could post pics or a link to some pics, it would help alot. I personally am going to look at the monster Slingerland kit (pictured) tomorrow. I'm really not sure what the set you are asking about would actually be worth, but I know there would be someone here that could give you a ballpark providing there are pics. If the wrap was removed, was is recovered? I'm gonna guess probably not more than a few hundred with the wrap removed. The snare should be worth alittle something if it is a chrome over brass type shell. Again, pics would be helpful. I would be interested in the marching quads myself, so if you have a price in mind for those let me know. Check Ebay as well for some realistic prices as one member had suggested to someone else. The set below is priced at $600 or best offer. Coffee Break2

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

I emailed pics to someone to add to my post, obviously I don't know

what I'm doing Help2 :p The set is pretty large as you can see from the list. Actually I think there are 3 cymbals (instead of 2) and a high hat. Could the set of marching toms be anything else? My BIL doesn't seem to think that is what they are, but that is what they look like when I try to find them online.

Posted on 16 years ago

If the shells are fairly short, cut at an angle so as the longer side is facing the drummer, those are marching quads, usually. I suppose they could be add on toms of some sort??? Once the pics are up we'll know better. Excited

Posted on 16 years ago

They are currently mounted with the longer side away from the drummer, that was the only difference I noticed in the pictures. I really don't know what to make of them, I can't find any pictures online to give me a clue. Do you know if the photos I emailed will be posted or should I do something else?

Posted on 16 years ago

Here are couple of pictures, I think I figured this out Yeah! I can get more specific pics upon request.

2 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

I would have to say they are very much like marching drums. They are just mounted differently then they would be in a quad configuration as they would be attached to the harness. They could also be a concert tom type of thing as well. I'm not sure after looking at the pics again. Yeah ... with the wrap off that's definately going to bring the value down a good amount. hopefully someone that knows Slingerland really well, will chime in here.

Posted on 16 years ago

This might be a better picture of the quad. You will also see one of the wrappers leaning up against the wall to the right of the drums.Jumping2

2 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Sell that old wrap! Depending on the size, someone still might want it!

Green sparkle was a "rare" sparkle and you do not see many drums from Slingerland with that wrap.. If he had only kept it original...

Do you have any pictures of the drums prior to the wrap being taken off?

Since the set has such close serial numbers it was probably ordered like that from the factory and I would value you it in the $500 - $700 range with the cymbals and hardware. (Because the wrap was removed)

When you measure the drums get the depth also... That giant floor tom might be worth more, since it is not a size you normally see..

I would just sell it on Ebay, show lots of pictures, list the sizes and see what happens..

The person that wants the set will probably take what they need and sell the rest...

Also, the "Cut a Way" concert toms could be purchase like that as a set..

Let me look through a few catalogs and see if they had this set as a stock set of drums.

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I just looked at the 77-78 catalog and they have the set listed as the Jazz Rock Outfit No 57N

2- 24" Bass Drums

10" x 14" Tom

10" x 15" Tom

16" x 16" Floor Tom

18" x 20" Floor Tom

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here