Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Looking for ID and value of Ludwig Snare

Hello all, first post here. Very cool and informative site. I recently picked up a Ludwig snare and while I don't think it's vintage (because of the serial number) I would like to find out which model it is and get some sort of an estimate on what it's worth.

Here's the scoop on it:

Metal

Looks to be 5 X 14

Chrome Finish with blue "Ludaloy" sticker inside

Keystone badge, "Chicago Illinois" with a serial number 311XXXX

P85 strainer with black center

10 "Bow Tie" style lugs

Triple Flange Hoop

Ludwig script on the snares

Round metal knob for the muffler

No extra holes in it or defects.......looks like new actually

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a complete computer idiot, but I'll attempt to upload some pics of it soon.

Thanks!

Walking

Posted on 17 years ago

Okay......here are some pics

Posted on 17 years ago

And one more.......

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

Wow! It's kinda like a Supraphonic...but the bowtie lugs are like an Acrolite...It's...a "Supralite"! (not really)...heh heh.

I can tell you it's a new drum. That badge...well, what you can see of it...is Ludwig's new keystone badge. there probably isn't much value at all to a vintage collector, but it is probably worth $100-$200 as a player's drum. It probably sounds great like most all Ludwig snare drums do.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Cool. Thanks for the info. Yeah, it's kind of weird because style-wise it looks like one of the newer "Rocker" snares, (10 bow tie lugs) but the badge is the Keystone badge rather than the black and silver (like on the newer Rockers). It also says "Chicago, Illinois" rather than "Monroe, North Carolina." Any idea when Ludwig changed that? I think the more recent ones ones have North Carolina on the badge? I think the strainer may be different on the newer ones too (no black center). Anyway, it's definately a nice sounding drum and will make a fine addition to my studio!

:)

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here