Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Looking for help on drum kit ID

I am looking for help to identify a drum kit, circa late 1960s early 1970s. I've had the kit since the mid-70s. No badges on any pieces. An oblong (sideways) diamond stain on the floor tom may have been a badge. I was always told it was a Slingerland, but the replies on the Vintage USA forum said no, probably from Japan. Any advice appreciated. [Attachment: 104867]

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Hello,

It appears to be a Hoshino Kougyou drumset. The rail consolette looks like it.

Don't confuse with Hoshino Gakki = previously Star = TAMA nowadays.

Hoshino Kougyou was a different company which disappeared completey in the late 70s.

Cheers, Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 7 years ago

My guess would be that it is a Pearl stencil

I have Tempro and Whitehall badged kits that are identical in every detail

Posted on 7 years ago

Pearl-Those rims are Pearl only,and I have never seen that U-shaped double tom mount with the consolette on anything but Pearl drums. The strainer -Pearl. The muffler knobs-Pearl. The tom mounts-Tama replacements.I will add that those lugs were only made for what must be a very short time. There are no catalog pages showing that style of lug specifically. They fit in somewhere around the Battleship/ "common" style lug transition period.

Posted on 7 years ago

From Kenwood

My guess would be that it is a Pearl stencil I have Tempro and Whitehall badged kits that are identical in every detail

+1 same here

The ones I have seen are the thin shell w/ rings - would be a great sounding kit for sure.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here